Your adventure into the world of Perilous Knights will begin at 1st-level; create your character using the following rules.
- Approved sources for Character Creation: Player’s Handbook, Player’s Handbook 2, Player’s Handbook 3, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Martial Power, Martial Power 2, and Primal Power. This list is subject to change as new Core and Supplement books become available. If you want to use something out of a book not listed here, seek approval from the Dungeon Master.
- Magic items follow the new rules presented with D&D Essentials products. Common items are readily available as well as non-magical ones from any officially published source, while Uncommon and Rare cannot be purchased except in special circumstances. Most items in published sources with properties and powers are Uncommon or Rare. Check with Dungeon Master for more information
- Character Race, your character is allowed to be a member of the following races: Deva, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Githerzai, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling, Human, Minotaur, Shardmind, Shifter, Tiefling and Wilden. Players wishing to create a character of a race other than those listed above must request permission from the Dungeon Master prior to character creation
- Character Class, your character is allowed to be a member of the following classes: Ardent (leader), Avenger (striker), Bard (leader), Barbarian (striker), Battlemind (Defender), Cleric (leader), Druid (controller), Fighter (defender), Invoker (controller), Monk (striker), Paladin (defender), Psion (controller), Ranger (striker), Rogue (striker), Runepriest (Leader), Seeker (controller), Shaman (leader), Sorcerer (striker), Warden (defender), Warlock (striker), Warlord (leader), and Wizard (controller)
- Ability Scores will be generated using one of the three following score sets. You are allowed to arrange these scores how you see fit: Balanced Scores, Specialist Scores, Dual Specialist Scores
- Hybrid characters only allowed with DM approval.
- Characters are currently not allowed the use of Backgrounds. As campaign development is progressed backgrounds may become available.
- The Dungeon Master reserves the right to refuse any character that is not created according to these standards or that the Dungeon Master finds unbalancing.